Friday, April 11, 2014

74: Man-made emotion... FEAR

Ever pondered as to why we feel certain feelings ? Ever wondered why is it always said that as we grow older we tend to get more worldly wise and our emotional quotient increases...?

Emotional quotient, really? I wonder if God ever thought that the human-ness that He is putting in a human being will be termed as emotional quotient some day..

The only emotion with which, any and every human is born with is LOVE...!! Think of it, a small baby, when he sees that care and love of a mother, it beams with happiness because that is the only emotion it understands. You may try to scare a baby by making different and weird faces , but it still smiles and laughs freely because all it sees is efforts by someone to make it comfortable and happy...!! You may ask a baby to jump from the couch in pursuit of you catching him, and it jumps without even thinking twice, about what if you fail to catch it? What if it will fall down? Wont that hurt him?

That brings us to a feeling called---FEAR.

Its this feeling which babies don't have at all, they don't fear anyone or anything, and are they happy living with that? You know the answer yourself...!! But as this baby grows , world around instils fear in it, fear of falling, fear of losing, fear of hurting, and slowly this same baby starts fearing almost everything and eventually the love is locked up in corner of the heart and fear engulfs everything..!!! Isn't fear a man made emotion? Something which God didn't really preach and practice...

A person who is learning to walk again in life after recovering from an accident and a baby learning to walk for the first time in its life are at same juncture in their life, only difference being, a baby puts every foot forward without any fear of falling, slipping or getting hit while the person is under constant duress to make sure he is stamping his foot correctly and with proper angle and weight... all because of Fear of falling, Fear of slipping and Fear of getting hit....!! I am not saying that the person should not be cautious but there is a fine line between being cautious and being fearful, its definitely good to be cautious but not good to fear just about everything in life..!!!!

Being myself through an episode of Fear, I know what it means when fear literally engulfs you from all the directions... the more you let it engulf the more difficult it becomes to shatter it and come out of it...!! But once you make up your mind, to face this fear, trust me, you realise that making that decision was more tougher than actually facing it...!!! Fear is just a man made invisible feeling...it doesn't exist, doesn't have a soul or substance ...!! 

Try it, just take that decision once to face it, and get it done with... trust me, that will be the most liberating feeling ever in your life...!!!

I can think of Mountain Dew ad caption here --"Darr se mat daro, Darr ke aage badho..."


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Life is not what happens... life is how you make it happen...!! Thats my favorite quote... not because it gives away anything about my real character but it just gives me a better hope to know that I am here because of how I made it happen... and I will be at some other place also only because how I would make it happen...!!! But I do make mistakes.. lot of them... at times I learn from them, at all the others I just forget the episode and get ready to commit some new ones...!! Life is interesting because of I have really spicier people in them... and I come here and blabber around when the spice gets too much to handle.. :P:P