Thursday, April 10, 2014

73: Perspectives...

Perspectives... people... variety... diversity... ambitions... dreams... achievements... and realities ...

We youngsters hear them pretty often and more often than not these words really weigh us down with their expectations .... How world sees you and how you see yourself, is something that may not always be same. More often than not, its never same! 

Ask a village belle, what she sees herself doing at 27 years of age, and you might get a reply saying, happily married with two kids and enjoying life with my husband (not being judgemental of anyone residing or staying in villages). Ask same question to an urban lady, and you would most probably hear things like, I wanna do an MBA, go to States, work for Mckinsey, then maybe settle down 2-3 years later but prior to that own a house which I am searching right now. 

What exactly I am trying to tell here? Well, anyone would like to be in shoes of the urban lady, who would not want to go States and work for Mckinsey and own a house and have an independent life. There is definitely a certain amount of fulfilment in achieving all that said by an urban lady but what about people? About family? About Relations? Village belle seemed pretty unambitious but she seemed happy... while on the other hand urban lady sounded so confident and ambitious but satisfaction, happiness, sense of fulfilment was far from visible. Being an urban lady myself, I can vouch that she is not gonna stop at achieving all that, because by that time there will be something else lined up to be achieved and the grind continues...

So then who is right and who is wrong? I don't think anyone can answer that, people and their perspectives have always been varied and they should be varied , else why would have God created so many humans on earth if ultimately everyone had to have one single perspective...!! 

Problem lies with the fact that we really judge book by its covers.. I know its rather clichéd statement to make, but really, just the fact that village belle doesn't have an ambition doesn't make her unworthy because she is happy , satisfied and moreover content in her life... while thinking of an urban lady as some rude independent high flying person unbounded by anyone or anything is wrong too, because she has achieved something in her life on her own, she has faced the world, seen in its eyes... and still made a place for herself. She is undeterred by the expectations put on her soft shoulders by the world and in fact she is ready to take on more.. and she is happy too in her own way!!!

All I am trying to say is, everyone is playing their part... fighting out in their own small way... exploring and learning on the way... making mistakes and paying for it...so what? So what if they don't fit in your way of ideal life ? So what if you feel they are distracted, so what if you feel they should be doing something else? So what if some of their friends are on to bigger and better things than them?

As a society , we don't really met out justice by comparing their lives against those of our acquaintances, saying things like -"see where she is and what you are doing in your life?!?"

Mind it, everybody is moving.. somewhere or the other...!!

Some might reach the summit of the Mt. Everest sooner while someone else might reach a little later, but how about the one who reached last.. all the while enjoying the trail... enjoying the bushes... enjoying the scenery ... enjoying the first ray of sun hitting the snow and see it turn yellow due to sunlight ...knowing the fact that he may not travel this path again in his life so why not make the most of it? Is he a loser?

If someone asks me, where do I see myself in couple of years, I would reply, I see myself as being non judgemental... that's it really!!  Everything else, is my own journey, which even if I share with others, they may not completely get it... 

There is a dialogue from the movie "Yeh jawani hai deewani" - Main Udna chahta hoon.. Daudna chahta hoon... Girna bhi chahta hoon...bass rukna nahi chahta..!!

Isn't this how it should be?

1 comment:

  1. "If someone asks me, where do I see myself in couple of years, I would reply, I see myself as being non judgemental..." perfect!! I would wish I grow up to be more non-judgemental too!! Cheers to that :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Life is not what happens... life is how you make it happen...!! Thats my favorite quote... not because it gives away anything about my real character but it just gives me a better hope to know that I am here because of how I made it happen... and I will be at some other place also only because how I would make it happen...!!! But I do make mistakes.. lot of them... at times I learn from them, at all the others I just forget the episode and get ready to commit some new ones...!! Life is interesting because of I have really spicier people in them... and I come here and blabber around when the spice gets too much to handle.. :P:P